Friday, August 20, 2010

Cupcakes, Dreams, and Mystery Diagnosis

What to do with a package of cream cheese? Why make black bottom cupcakes, of course! These choco-cheesy cups of cakey love are quick and easy to make, and just as quick and easy to eat.

I had a dream this week in which I was riding around a tricycle type bike in an airport, and I was causing some minor security breaches. I escaped punishment by committing my actions in the future. When I returned to the past, I was able to avoid being caught. Isn't it amazing how our subconscious mind communicates to the conscious mind?

As a bio-medical science geek, I regularly watch Mystery Diagnosis. While watching the latest installment of delayed diagnosis, I soon realized the featured story was about IBD and the patient in question needing an ileostomy. I had a moment of feeling represented by the story, then felt disappointed in how they made it seem having an ileostomy was gloom and doom. Granted the patient was 13 years old and was suddenly given one, which I can understand the impact. It took me 15 years to come to the conclusion to go this route, and I had an ileostomy twice before at 18 yo and 23 yo respectively. Without TMI, there are benefits to pooping in a bag. Trust me, there are.

I still find it mind-boggling that I've lived more than half of my life now without a colon. This year is my 5th anniversary of having my ileostomy. I'm as fat and sassy as ever!

No comments: